Number of Repetitions: Head moves through 3 cycles, each day for 4 weeks.
Goal: To move head forward and backward in the two positions, smoothly and easily, while breathing normally.
1. Lie on stomach with arms straight at the sides, legs straight and toes pointed. (Figure 1).
- Lift arms and extend them straight out in front, while lifting legs and pointing toes straight behind (Figure 2).
- Move head back and hold for 5 seconds (Figure 3) while breathing normally.
- Move head forward and hold for 5 seconds (Figure 4) while breathing normally.
- Return to starting position. Repeat 3 times.
Unable to hold arms out in front—arms move to sides.
Unable to hold legs straight—legs bend (Figure 6).
Unable to maintain superman position while moving head.