Number of Repetitions: Perform 3 cycles each day for 4 weeks
Goal: The movements should be performed smoothly and in a coordinated manner, with the arms and legs moving while the head remains still. The eyes should track the hand coming toward the nose.
1. Lie on stomach. The right side will be straight: straight leg and the arm straight, down to side with palm down. Left side will bend: left elbow bent to a 90° angle, left leg bent to a 90° angle. Head is turned, with ear on the ground, toward straight side (Figure 1).
- Bent arm (left) will slide down until it touches left knee (Figure 2).The arm stops and the knee slides down until it becomes straight (Figure 3). Pause for a full 10 seconds.
- Right leg bends until it touches straight hand, then stops (Figure 4). Hand slides up into bent position (Figure 5). Eyes should watch the hand slide coming towards the face.
- Slowly lift head and turn to left side, placing right ear on floor (Figure 6).
- Slide right hand down until it touches right knee, then the hand stops. The right knee slides down until it is straight. Pause for a full 10 seconds.
- Left knee slides up until it touches left hand, then stops. Left hand slides up to a bent position. Eyes watch the hand sliding into place.
- Head lifts and slowly turns to right, placing left ear on floor. This is one full cycle.
- All movements should be performed as slowly and as relaxed as possible.
The head moves while the arms and legs are moving.
Eyes are unable to follow the hand coming toward the face.
More than one limb moves at the same time.
Unaware of arms or legs moving into the incorrect position.
Arms and legs lift off the floor.
Arms or legs move to the incorrect position.