Number of Repetitions: Repeat sequence 5 times daily, on each side, for 1 week.
Goal: To easily attain each position without external guidance or assistance.
1. Lay on floor on the stomach. Legs are straight; arms are bent, fingers are together, thumbs pointed inward (Figure 1).
2. Lift head 4-5 inches until it is level with the spine (Figure 2). Hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Push with the arms and lift chest off the ground until resting on forearms (Figure 3). Hold for 3-5 seconds. Keep fingers together, thumbs pointed inward.
- Keeping one leg straight, lift the other hip slightly, bend knee (Figure 4). Hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Return to starting position. Do steps 1-4 with the other leg. Do entire sequence 5 times.
- Difficulty getting head in line with spine.
- Difficulty maintaining hand position.
- Unable to perform entire sequence without verbal or tactile assistance.
Observe and record any of the above difficulties. If any of these occur, then redirect, guide and assist in the proper technique.